The sun sets at the end of our first week here, and there is so, SO much to share.
In short, we’re adjusting well to the Fall temperatures and great food, and not-as-well to the near-non-existent internet and the rough realities of the kids here. All transitions take time, though, and I think we’re doing pretty well for it being only the end of week one.
While computer internet is pretty tricky, I’m able to keep up with the outside world a bit on my phone. We do have 3G on our phones, which Brady clocked as being about 80 times faster than the landline.
Here are a few things I enjoyed from the internet this week… though they may in fact be from a while ago. That’s kind of how I do things. If you ever email me you know this. (Yikes!)
- I’ve been thinking about this all summer, so it was fun to hear that it’s been on someone else’s mind.
- I’d love to take this free Stanford Online class, but it sounds like too much for my internet and schedule right now. Would anyone want to take it with me when it’s offered in the future?
- The awkward turtle makes an appearance on this exploration of cultural hand gestures.
- And put away your pumpkin spice haterade long enough to try this for me, will you?
- And my friend Sarah is back to blogging after a (too long) hiatus. She uses a lot of grown-up words and references wine a LOT. You’ll especially love it if you’re in the throws of motherhood, but it’s just as fun if you’re not. Last week she wrote about banning her kids from the digitals, and the challenges of a highly sensitive kiddo. But really it’s the way she does it that’s so great. Welcome back to the blogosphere, Sarah!
And with that, I’m done wrestling the internet for the day.